Villa Ashyana, located in the southern Italian region of Puglia, is surrounded by olive trees that stretch out in long rows toward the horizon. With its elongated floor plan, the villa’s cubic structure fits precisely between two of these rows.
Entering the house, you step into the living area – with a kitchen, dining area and sofa – which opens out onto the terrace via a floor-to-ceiling panoramic window. And in the passage leading to the villa’s two bedrooms and bathroom, the sun casts charming displays of light and shade through further tall and narrow windows. The smaller bedroom has two single beds, the master bedroom a double bed, as well as direct access to the terrace and 20 meter swimming pool. From the roof terrace, which is accessed via an external staircase, you can look out over a silvery shimmering sea of leaves by day and up at a glittering starry sky at night.
What to do
- Swimming in the pool or in the sea (25 minutes away by car)
- Hiking on the coast or in the Valle D'Itria
- Culinary delights (Puglia is known for its olive oil, cheese, vegetables and seafood)
- Sightseeing (Ostuni, Oria, Martina Franca, Cisternino, Martina Franca, Alberobello, Locorontondo, and further afield Matera, Trani, Polignano di Mare, Lecce, Galipoli)
- Visits to historic sites including churches, cathedrals, caves and the ubiquitous trullis.
Why we like this house
The straightforward architecture and the elegant, modern interior design of the villa which contrasts beautifully with the gnarled olive trees - a beautiful retreat amidst nature and an ideal starting point for exploring the region.
This house is great for
Couples and small families (not recommended for children under 8 due to the pool).
Details of the property
Region/Town: IT – Italy, Puglia, near San Vito dei Normanni
Name: Villa Ashyana
Scenery: Amidst ancient olive groves
Number of guests: 1-4
Design: Francesco Cavallo, Carovigno