The Schloss Schmarsow (Schmarsow Castle) was built in 1698 and is one of the oldest buildings in the region. It was carefully renovated in 2006 and is now not only home to its owners but a place for holiday guest. Four apartments are located in the west wing of the building. Their names, Blue, Green, Yellow and Marble, reveal their individual interior design concepts. This has kept the character of the old mansion alive.
For guests who prefer quieter places, the former gardener’s cottage is also available. It’s just 100 meters away from the castle. The Cavalier house which overlooks the opposite castle has also been lovingly restored and converted into a holiday home.
Pictures: © Lothar M. Peter
The current owners´connection to Castle Schmarsow dates back far into the past. The architect Andrea Ruiken-Fabich and the lawyer Dr. Falk Fabich are related to the wife of Castle Schmarsow’s founder, Joachim Philipp v. Parsenow. Andrea Ruiken-Fabich is co-owner of the Berlin office Ruiken & Vetter architects which was founded in 1985 and currently has nine employees. Besides new construction projects, the office concentrates on the redevelopment of existing buildings, especially listed buildings.